Wednesday, August 12, 2009

National Cartoonist Society Profile: Ernie Bushmiller


Here is the brief bio of Ernie Bushmiller, creator of a popular humor strip about a cute little girl named Nancy and her street wise pal, Sluggo, whose many adventures lasted for decades in the funny papers... I was born in the Bronx, New York City. Started out as a copy boy on the famous New York World. My first strip was called Fritzi Ritz. Have been drawing "Nancy" for United Features since 1940 --- Years ago I also worked as a comedy writer for comedian Harold Lloyd -- I usually like to work at night -- no hobbies yet -- I'm just too lazy -- I would like to try to play tennis if it could be done sitting down --I live with my beautiful wife Abby in Stamford, Connecticut -- I just read the above and find myself very uninteresting.

No comments: